Thursday, September 22, 2016

Homework

I'm part of a focus group for a study on chocolate. 

My first assignment?

This:

Here's your first fun assignment to upload on Day 1.  

'CHOCOLATE & ME' - it's a slice of your life as it relates to chocolate and the role it plays in your life.  

I would like to get to know as much as I can about you in the context of chocolate.  I want to know what makes you tick when it comes to chocolate.  I'd like to know what you like, what you dislike when it comes to chocolate.  What is the CHOCOLATE EXPERIENCE all about for you?  You can think about chocolate moments, chocolate brands, chocolate formats, what works for you and what doesn't.  Anything that has to do with you and chocolate. 

Often, pictures speak louder than words!   

I will ask you to begin by creating a 'VISUAL STORY'.  The image(s) you use in the 'story' will get across WHO YOU ARE IN THE CONTEXT OF CHOCOLATE.  
As you create your visual story, ask yourself, "Does my story reflect who I am when it comes to chocolate?  Does it show the role chocolate plays in my life and how it makes me feel? "What do I need to show so that someone who does not know the 'chocolate-me' can get a sense of what makes me tick when it comes to chocolate?" 

Here are a few thoughts of inspiration to get you going.....do not be limited by them....

Capture your favourite chocolate
Capture a chocolate moment
Capture the role chocolate has in your life 
Capture what chocolate means to you 
Capture how chocolate makes you feel
Capture the setting where you consume your chocolate
Capture the imagery and mood associated with your chocolate time
Capture any chocolate eating rituals you have
Capture any chocolate gifting rituals you have
Don't stop at these suggestions - they are just some ideas to get you going - let your imagination take you to wherever you need to go to 'show' the story!!

You can include any combination of your own pictures, as well as images from magazines, online images, etc.  Feel free to use caption words and phrases to bring your 'Chocolate & Me' story to life.  If you prefer, a short video clip of up to 2 minutes also works.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Finally. An assignment that I am fully equipped to write, as, ahem, I AM a bit of an expert on this topic. 


Three things I'm thankful for:

1. Friends who know I'm a perfect fit for this market research group.
2. That I live in a world that does contain chocolate,
3. A stunningly beautiful last day of summer.


Shalom, 
xo

1 comment:

September said...

I hope you post the finished product! I'd read it! (While eating chocolate, probably.)