Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer - Day Three




Not because of rain, as the umbrellas imply, but because I have totally wasted the first three days of this amazing season by being sick.

Spent the entire day in bed.
I really did.
Ask my mom if you don't believe me.


A wretched mess am I.


I woke up with a swollen head. Not from too many compliments. Or an inflated view of myself. There was just so much pressure building. In my nose and behind my eyes.

Cold meds did not give me any relief, so I just stayed in bed.
All day.

By 6 pm, I was really feeling sorry for myself.
And I was tired of holding back the tears.

So I let myself cry. Big ugly sobs that had been stored up for 72 hours.


It took less than 30 seconds for me to realize what a 'orrible idea that was, So I tried to stop the flow.
Twould not be stopped.

Oy vey.
What a mess.

I finally prayed for some help.
Haha. Been praying for any and every thing else in my life all day while stuck in bed, and never asked for relief for myself, because, COME ON. It's just a cold. And a tiny surgical site. People are dealing with REAL cancers. And REAL broken hearts. And REAL job issues. And REAL addictions. And REAL relationship crisis's.

And I am such a whimp.

Anyway, as per usual, He answered. I took two more Advil Cold & Sinus tabs, rolled over and slept for a couple of glorious hours. When I woke, my nose was under control.

So I went upstairs and ate some left over pizza and a few grapes.

How's that for a fine third day of summer?

Three things I'm thankful for:

1. If I have to stay in bed all day, this is a great one to spend it in.

2. So glad I bought some groceries yesterday. Oranges, grapes, pizza ...  maybe a chocolate bar or two.

3. Cold meds = best invention ever.

4. Answered prayer.



Shalom.
xo


No comments: