Monday, September 1, 2014

Currently. August 2014

Things I am:

Obsessing over,

Working on, 
Thinking about, 
Anticipating, 
Listening to,
Eating,
Praying for,
Reading,
Happy about.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently: I'm at the lake. 
(Watching Robert Downey Jr and Chris Helmsworth flex their muscles in Anvengers. So fun. But my favorite actor in this show is actually Jeremy Renner. Ever since Legolas got on his galloping horse by swinging up from underneath, I've developed an appreciation for the guy who uses the bow and arrows. )


Currently: It's 1:00 am.

Currently: Feeling optimist.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. I am obsessing over:

  • Pffft. Same things. Like that was going to change. 
  • Also, I'm obsessing over hanging on to That Summer Feeling.
  • Getting a TV room set up for myself downstairs. 


2. I am working on:

  • Prioritizing my never-ending list of improvements I'd like to start making on the cabin. (Small things, mostly. Like cleaning out closets and cupboards. Getting back door replaced. And so on.)
  • Writing that production manual at work. (I got sidetracked with another spontaneous project in August, so I didn't get it finished.)
  • Adding another activity to my day. Walking is all good and fine, but it's not enough exercise. 

3. I am thinking about:

  • Our upcoming staff fun day. And how I signed up for horseback riding and archery. And now I'm thinking I should have taken rug hooking and book reading instead. 
  • My kids. And how it's been awfully nice to have them around this weekend. 
  • Church this fall, and wondering if I'm going to keep going to Northview on Sat nites, or if I should switch over to The Village on Sunday afternoons. 
  • The PNE and how next year I hope the Summer Evening Concert series has some of my favorites...
  • I am thinking about the ALS ice bucket challenge and how that fund-raising campaign exceeded everyone's expectations. 

4. I am anticipating:

  • Meeting Tricia in October! We are counting down the days til we see each other by re-activating our Right Coast - Left Coast blog with new mashed pics every day for the month of September. Hop right on over and have a peak. 
  • I am anticipating a weekend in Osoyoos, the MCC auction and sale, celebrating a few birthdays, seeing a couple movies, book club starting up again, and maybe a craft night or two...

5. I am listening to:

  • This TED talk:
"The best time to work on your marriage is before you have one, and that means being as intentional with love as you are with work. Picking your family is about consciously choosing who and what you want rather than just making it work or killing time with whoever happens to be choosing you."






  • It's Sunday night now. Listening to the kids watching The Aristocats.
  • And the wind in the trees. 
  • And the dishwasher. 
  • And I think I added this 'listening' category to record music I'd been listening to this month, not the sounds in my kitchen. I'll do better next month. 

6. I am eating:

  • What am I NOT eating. Holy cow. It's been a food filled day. I'm going to burst. There is nothing in my mouth right now, but I have been munching on summer foods all day long. 
  • Also, I've been craving samosas. I think I love them now. 



7. I am reading:


  • The Book of Summers, by Emylia Hall
  • The Fiery Cross, by Diana Gabaldon
  • The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty
  • My Mother was Nuts by Penny Marshall

8. I am praying:

( I wrote out my prayer yesterday. Not much has changed since then. Saw this prayer on John Stackhouse's blog, and decided to make it my prayer today:)



I groan for you and call on you.
Direct me by Your wisdom;
Protect me and strengthen me.
I surrender my intentions to You, my God;
May they come from You.
May my deeds be done in your name
And my desires in your will.
Enlighten my mind, strengthen my will;
Purify my body, sanctify my soul.
May I see my transgressions,
That I may not stumble in pride;
Help me to overcome temptation.
May I glorify You
All the days of this life you have given to me.
Amen.

(From a prayer written by Alexander Men)

9. I am happy about:

  • This day. All of it. From the unexpected sunshine, to the time spent with my kids. It's just been a lovely day.




















































































































































































































































Shalom friends,
xo

No comments: