Friday, July 18, 2014

A Prayer. And Some Pics.

Last night I wore a hat and went into the ocean. 
Not at the same time. 
But still.

After work, Heather invited me to 'her' beach and drove us over there in her sexy convertible.
Thus the need for a hat. 
And a bathing suit. 
(Which were worn at the same time. In her car. With the top off. On that new freeway. Going fast. And heading west. Which was wonderful.)

Once we got to the beach, I took off the hat (I really have too much head for a hat) and accepted the floatation device she offered me, seeing as I cannot swim. Due to a strong incoming current and wimpy arms and a high level of fear when not being able to touch the bottom, I gave back the floaty and simply bobbed in the water. 

Me. In an ocean. In the evening. Getting wet. 
There are days I have to look in the mirror just to ensure it's still me inside this body. 

After we got out, we walked over to a Secret Neighbourhood Garden that is hidden between people's back yards and an empty, undeveloped lot at the end of a no-through road. It's a neighbourhood project that's been going on for years. IT IS A GEM. 

To conclude our evening together, we watched Philomena, which she hadn't seen before. She is a satisfying movie-watching-partner because she is so expressive during the emotional/surprising scenes. 

Know what?
Evenings like this (well, actually, most summer evenings this year) feel like mini-vacations. I don't have any summer holiday plans, but evenings and weekends have the ability to recharge my batteries nicely. 

Pictures of last night's adventure to follow in between the words of something I wrote out for a new friend who asked me to pray for her. I sent it to her a few weeks ago; and apparently she printed it off and prayed it, herself, every day since then. And while things haven't turned out like she hoped, she knows that God is in this. 

He is right there, in the pain. 
He is right there, in the healing. 
He listens. And cares. And He sees the big picture. We have to trust that.

(I'm changing the words of the prayer slightly to make it less personal. In case you're wondering.)







Me in the white baseball cap. 


Dear God, 











Someone I care about is feeling mixed up and lost. Could You help her with that?
She’s having a rough time with being separtate from someone she loves, and well, You know that. 












































Could You comfort her during this time? Give her peace? And maybe some wisdom too?


What is Your will in this? Could You let her know?











































Its' hard not being with someone you care for – could You help her fill her days with meaning and joy?












God? Who should she spend time with? What would You have her do? God, I pray that this summer would not drag on and on with unmet longings, but one filled with new/renewed relationships, new experiences, and a closer connection to You.
















































I pray that this season would be one filled with wonder. Open her eyes to see the things You want her to notice. 









Remind her that You’ve created her with a set of talents and gifts that are unique and needed in this world. Nudge her to use them this summer in whatever circumstances she finds herself in. Give her the courage to be the woman You designed her to be.















Fill her life with companions of Your choosing. Let her be a blessing to them. If she’s feeling lost, give her purpose.













































If this relationship with her fella is Your idea, then I pray You would give them the strength to make it work despite the separation. Give them both wisdom to proceed with love and respect. And if this relationship is just for a season, and not forever, give them the wisdom to know that as well.













































And God? 
If they are heading for a break-up, I pray that it would end well.

That they both would be respectful of each other's feelings. 
That they would end things with words of encouragement. 
That there would be kindness and good will in their parting.

Give them strength and wisdom and the right words.








































While I’m at it, God, I’m going to pray for NA and AA communities in New West, Vancouver and England. 





























I pray that You would protect those folks who are connected in a recovery community from temptations that threaten to overwhelm. I pray for their meetings. Could you post some of Your angels at the doorway and on the roofs so that evil cannot enter? May those who attend be welcomed and feel Your peace. May there be authenticity, healing and hope at these meetings. 









































God I pray for those who are still struggling with addiction – could you guide them towards the NA/AA communities in their neighbourhood? Could you provide them with new friends who are in recovery, and who will walk alongside?
































I pray that You will give those who are hurting the boost they need to get through another day.






























I pray they'll feel Your love today.









































And tomorrow.

And everyday.




Who's that, then? Haha. A mirror in the garden. For selfies. 


































































Amen.





While I was working on this post, I was chatting with Jenn, my late night Outlander reading buddy, and she, reading my earlier post this evening (Links and Love) sent me a link to a song. I had been saying, (in regards to that last post) that I didn't add any original material to the already cluttered internet. All I did was regurgitate words that were already there.

This is the song - SAY SOMETHING...






I got goosebumps listening to it, while writing out that prayer above, because it was so timely. Jenn had no idea I was working on another blog post (seriously, TWO in one evening?) about aching hearts and broken relationships ....



"Say Something"

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-oh-oh-oh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something...



1 comment: