Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kolbe Party

So I spent the better part of the day preparing my house for guests. If I had planned things better, I would have had this event occur during the week (of the every other) that I have a cleaning lady. I wasted a perfectly beautiful day inside the house.

What is a Kolbe Party?
As far as I know, I planned and hosted the first one ever. And it was good. (Like in Genesis.) :)
I learned my Kolbe numbers through work, and was so fascinated by the process and results that I wanted everyone I knew and loved to do it too.

Tonight there were 15 people in my living room (from 15 - 50 years old) all listening to Darren talk about Kolbe M.O.'s

The most interesting part for me was to find out my kids' numbers.
Clint, like me, needs to have alot of information. He gets energized by researching and getting facts. Drew? Not so much. He's more of a bottom line kinda guy... Max is right in between - a perfect balance of us all.

Another category that was insightful was the safety vs risk taking section. Clint is the improviser - almost twice as likely as Drew to take a chance on something. Max and I are right inbetween...

Following a system? Clint will find loopholes and shortcuts. Drew and Max, on the other hand, respect the system and will maintain it. They won't design new systems, but they will follow the guidelines already in place.

Handling tangibles like tools or materials? In our family, Drew is the one most likely to use his hands. Clint and I can both imagine what something should look like while Max and Drew are both more likely to use the equipment or supplies. They are more "hands on" and even then on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being the person who NEVER touches tools to 10 - the person who builds homes with his own hands or creates masterpieces from scratch) the highest anyone in my family got (which was Drew) is a 5. I think my dad would be a 10.

Unfortunately I think Max and Drew might have been a little young for this whole event. Clint loved it though, and so did the Stelt kids - so ultimately I'd say it was a success. Plus, the main floor on my house is now clean, so that's a bonus.

Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Gerber Daisies
2. Cream Soda
3. Smart People

Shalom,

1 comment:

ramblin'andie said...

So much fun! Andrew and I have been talking about it all day. Well that and how Sandra is married to Burt Reynolds. Why did no one warn us??