Saturday, June 28, 2008

So...

It's 1:30 am and had planned on being in bed by midnight.
Last nite, as a way to celebrate the Last Day of School, I took Drew and 2 of his friends up to the cabin for an overnighter.

It was awesome.

Tomorrow morning, first thing, (which could be 8 am or it could be noon) Drew, his buddy John and I are leaving for a 3 day camping holiday. I've been packing for 6 non stop hours. Stuff to sleep in, sleep on, sleep under, food, stuff to cook food with, stuff to use to eat food, stuff to clean the stuff we used to make the food, stuff to clean ourselves, stuff to do, stuff and more stuff.

You know, I do have a fully stocked cabin to go to whenever I want. Less than an hour away.

What the heck and I doing?

I could be sleeping in a BED, 10 steps away from a private TOILET, and have 2 fridges, a dishwasher, and a washing machine at my disposal. And here I am. Preparing to sleep on an air mattress in a tent. And not only that, I'm going to drive at least 5 hours to get there.

And just now? Like 10 minutes ago? When I finally went upstairs to do a bit of laundry? I discovered that someone forgot to bring home my overnight bag from the cabin. My favorite shorts, my makeup and face washing tubes, my pj's, my books ... MY things are not here.

Shoot me.

No comments: