Monday, November 12, 2007

Been to hell and back,

twice.
In 12 hours.

Three things I'm thankful for:
1. For the first time since 9 this morning, my body has stopped shaking. I know this is because people have been praying.

2. This oldest son of mine? He is a tower of strength and a great source of comfort. On Saturday night, unexpectedly, he lay beside me on my mom's bed. Up until that point (exactly one week) the pain in my stomach had been my constant companion. His prescence was so calming, my whole body relaxed. I was weak with relief. He stayed there all night. (Lying on top of the covers.) And tonight? He is being generous with hugs.

3. Truth.

Please continue to pray for us.
Our 1 pm meeting that was supposed to take place today to set up home care did not happen. The wind storm prevented both women from being able to come. Please pray that when we finally do get things sorted out, it will have God's hand all over it. That He would provide us with care-workers of His choosing for His purposes.

Shalom,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you Jane.

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for you/your family, and will continue praying. Your #1 son must be sensitive! Bonus for you!