Saturday, April 21, 2007

And then there was the reception ...


This was how they averted the 'formal receiving line':






This is how they avoided serving the tradional wedding cake:


One of Joel's uncles ("Pete the Pieman") made 30 fruit pies.
Thirty.
From scratch.
Uh huh - best blueberry pie I've ever had.

Throwing the bouquet.







Tossing the garter.



Sisters - Rebekkah and Rachel.
I sat with Rachel's neighbour, Candy and her daughter, Genevieve at table number 10. We went from making small talk at 5 pm to praying together in the parking lot at 9.
(Well, she prayed. I cried. SO not used to having people pray like that for me.)
Thanks, Candy for being a great dinner companion.
Three things I'm thankful for:
1. Clint is no longer a teenager. He turned 20 today. Love you, sweets.
2. Grace and forgiveness.
3. Spring.
Shalom,









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed all the wedding pics - nice work.
I'm glad you found someone to pal around with and that your evening ended in prayer. Sounds wonderful.